Friday, June 11, 2010

Your home is not gracious, if you tie your dog up


Attention Gracious Home Shoppers,
If you are shopping in this store chances are you are RICH and can afford a dog sitter/walker. Or at least live in a building that has an elevator. So you really don't have any excuses as to why you must take your 3 dogs out with you while you shop for 9,000 thread count sheets for your Hastens mattress.

It was damn hot on May 25, 2010 at approximately 2:10pm, from what I recall. Hell, I wasn't wearing a fur coat, just a tee shirt as a matter of fact, and I was sweating up a storm. Even had to stop off and get a smoothie just to survive my 24 block walk home. Along my stroll I came across 3 gorgeous puppies tied to stand pipes outside of the Gracious Home store located on 766 6th Ave in Chelsea, NYC. Though these little dudes looked pretty well cared for and very nicely groomed, one thing was missing....... a mom or dad who could give a shit about their health or well being. These dogs were panting while sitting in the blazing sun. Not even under a tree for crying out loud.
Shame on me for taking a photo and not sticking around to berate the owners of these dogs. At first I was like "awwww puppies!!" as usual(can't help it). Then said: "so sad" as I snapped a photo and posted it to facebook so I could bitch to my friends about how horrible people treat their pets. But it bothered me the rest of the day and the days that followed. Kept asking myself, "what if someone stole those dogs?"and "what if those dogs got loose and got hit by a car?". Who could live with themselves after hearing such dreadful news knowing that you could have done something to prevent it? Like kick some bad pet parent ASS!

Dognapping is a pretty popular crime here in the Big Apple, and pretty much any city. And the people that tie their dogs up outside a shopping institution are the "victims"(using that word very loosely) that run crying to the authorities. If you want to stop this crime from happening, please tell all your dog owning friends to never EVER tie their dogs up, even if it is just for a second. Would you tie your infant to a fire hydrant?

No comments:

Post a Comment